Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Top 10 Worst Fashion Moments on SATC


Here are some of the worst examples I could find. I'm sure I've missed a few atrocities, but I didn't have time to scour every frame of every episode. I tried to get the ones that were truly bad, all around, though some of the ugly didn't always transfer from TV to photo, so they may not look as bad as they really are. I also spared us minor fashion offenses like Miranda's first season man-suits, Carrie's day-glo underwear, Sam's assortment of neon jackets and plunging necklines, and Carrie's ubiquitous season 3 flower broaches. Again, all subjective taste.
  • 10 - Carrie's @ the Movies (3.14): I know it's hard to tell in this picture, but Carrie is wearing a particularly unflattering top with shorts, and the kicker are the gold lame' boots she wearing with it. Ahhhh!
  • 9 - Carrie at Brunch with Girls (6.03): I don't even wanna know what pants she's wearing cause the extreme tropical vest paired with the orange striped shirt is bad enough.
  • 8 - Carrie walking and shopping (4.11): I couldn't get a good pic of the whole outfit, but the ill-fitting pink tube top, heavy ghetto gold necklace, frilly broach, and colorful bandana are hideous. If you're gonna wear a bandana, why make the pointy, triangular end stick straight up?
  • 7 - Sam's Big Shopping Hat (3.14): The dress is probably fine. Unfortunately I've been blinded by the lampshade posing as a hat and the overlarge, Jackie-O wannabe sunglasses. Doesn't that thing look a plastic planter or something?
  • 6 - Charlotte's Acupuncture Pants (6.11): Kristin Davis has a lovely figure, but when wardrobe puts her in pleated, plaid, skin tight pants, her ass looks huge! This is not the first time they've done it to her either and I only wish I had a better picture because these pants are atrocious!
  • 5 - Carrie wedding dress shopping (4.15): The shirt is all right, though it shouldn't be worn as a belly barer, and the skirt is kinda cute. But why, oh why is she wearing a belt around her bare midriff? And please tell me what the hell that green, mossy crown is doing around her hair!
  • 4 - Carrie at Brunch (3.03): This is what she had to be wearing when she found out Mr. Big was married! Kick a girl when she's down! Red floral, ruffly shirt with blue plaid pants. Uh-huh. And you didn't see the granny jacket she was wearing over it at brunch either.
  • 3 - Carrie returning from L.A. (3.14): Carrie was so glad to get back to New York she decided to whip out the fanny pack. And pair it with an indigo jump suit. It's the perfect outfit to accompany her Olympic gold medal. And the fanny pack is metallic pink. Of course.
  • 2 - Miranda out and about (2.01): Even her hideous Season 1 suits don't compare to Miranda in overalls, puffy jacket and baseball cap. The look is not becoming. I realize this outfit isn't crazy bad, but Miranda already gets all the lame, no-sex, chocolate addict, crush on a sandwich, lazy ovary storylines and this outfit is like a visual representation of the writers determination to make her as pathetic as possible!
  • 1 - Carrie at lunch (3.15): So, after the fanny pack, of course her next outfit would be a technicolor, tie-dyed hippie spandex suit and tunic with matching head scarf. How is this woman taken seriously? I mean, she gets hit on in this scene! The hell!


Now, this one is just for Heather. She hates this matching halter and skirt from Season 2 Miranda, and I agree it's fairly ugly. However, I would wear this before any of the items on my list, which is why it didn't make the cut. But it is justifiably horrible, so here's a shout out!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ahhh!! Love it! Thank you!! I think you should take a poll, and find out if your readership agrees that miranda's matching halter and skirt are top 10 material!!! I promise to only vote once.

P.S. I now realize why I had such a hardtime pin pointing top 5 outfits for Carrie...because shes constantly dressing like a fucking idiot! But we still love her!