Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones Hype

Oh, yeah!
I'm super excited for today's release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull although I probably won't see until next weekend at the earliest. (Dad's a big fan and would probably like to see it as a family and he is currently in St. Louis for the college track championships, so that's on hold.) I was thinking of writing something about the Indiana Jones trilogy (like I've been doing in anticipation of "Sex and the City") but any efforts on my part would be contrived and forced. (And probably require too much research. As much as I love these movies, I don't watch them enough to quote and reference them off the top of my head.)

So instead I found these two great posts over as The Cooler blog. (This guy is my go-to-critic for fun, well-written, timely blogs - if he was only into "Gossip Girl" and "Sex and the City" as much as I am....) So this first link is to a post about the immortality of the original franchise score. (It rocks!) And the second post is just some random thoughts on the previous three films by an avid fan. (He talks about what a great villain the Nazi with the burned hand in Raiders is, and I fully agree.) So if you're hungry for some interesting Indiana Jones discussion fodder, may I please direct you to these wonderful posts and here's to having our fingers crossed that the fourth movie doesn't suck!

Also, on a completely different note, I have a lot of stuff to post on the next week or so (including 3 reviews!) so I will most likely have something everyday, and sometimes maybe even two posts on certain days, so please don't miss them!

No comments: