Friday, May 9, 2008

Sex and the City Fashion


It would be impossible to do a "Sex and the City" Top 10 fa
shion moments list because for me, even though she wears 10 million kinds of batshit crazy clothes, Carrie Bradshaw still has the most amazing fashion when they get it right, so a Top 10 would just be all Carrie. So instead, I'm gonna do a Top 5 for each of the girls, because their individual style is very different and they shouldn't have to be compared to each other.

SAMANTHA: Her style has never been my bag - lots of slinky tops and skirts paired with day-glo tailored jackets - but she is impossibly stunning and regal when she gets it right.
  1. 1 - (5.2) Beautiful tan dress, big, chunky necklace, and perfect hair.
  2. 2 - (3.10) Such a vamp in red and love the curled hair!
  3. 3 - (3.6) Tell me someone else who could pull off this pink nightmare!
  4. 4 - (4.15) Kim Catrall looks great in one-shoulder dresses and super-straight hair!
  5. 5 - (3.3) Such a classy suit.














CHARLOTTE:
She's a very classic kind of girl. Many of her outfits are simple and demure; you should see the number of black dresses I went through, and she looked amazing in all of them. I think she's the prettiest of all the girls and her hair and make-up are usually flawless.
  1. 1 - (6.12) Her Liz Taylor homage, and coming after a miscarriage.
  2. 2 - (4.17) Don't know why, but I love this coral and blue combination. Gorgeous hair!
  3. 3 - (6.8) Her second wedding dress - perfect!
  4. 4 - (4.7) It's just a simple black shirt and pencil skirt, but she is stunning.
  5. 5 - (6.10) I have a weakness for girls who look cute with buns, and her bathing suit is just so darling.













MIRANDA:
Always my favorite character, but wardrobe was so mean to her in Seasons 1 & 2; in fact, it took until Season 4 for her hair to look decent two scenes in a row. But when they turned on the girly gene, Miranda finally got to wear a lot of really colorful, stylish clothes.
  1. 1 - (6.3) Love, love, love this sweater so much! So flattering.
  2. 2 - (6.14) It is soooo Miranda to get married in this brown suit.
  3. 3 - (4.10) This is just a simple black patterned halter that looks great on her body.
  4. 4 - (6.9) The mint green color is lovely with her hair and skin, and off-shoulder looks great.
  5. 5 - (6.4) Don't like a lot of her suits, but the gray and white combo looks fabulous.














CARRIE:
Like I said, Carrie wears more crazy stuff than anyone, but Sarah Jessica Parker can somehow make most of it work for me - in such a way that I don't even notice the crazy stuff unless I'm looking for it. And if she looks that great in the crazy, you know she is a goddess in the well-fitting couture.
  1. 1 - (6.20) This green ballerina-inspired gown was so lovely with her brown hair and dewy skin.
  2. 2 - (2.10) This dress is funky and colorful and is totally something I would love in real life.
  3. 3 - (3.10) She looks great in yellow (with purple sash) and you know I love those big buns.
  4. 4 - (6.19) Big, furry, pink dress? Check. Fitted white coat? Check. Ready to fight with Big? Check!
  5. 5 - (3.3) Poofy hair, bright red dress that clung in all the right places.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good picks for the most part, I loved that first one of charlotte too! You Carrie picks are really random for me though! You should do a top five worst for all the girls now, that would be more fun. I vote for that weird skirt/halter top matching combo that Miranda wore in the episode where she dates the Dad the met on the elevator at the gym...do you know what I'm talking about!?

Heather said...

Acually its the second one for Charlotte that I love...the orange top. That scene is really cute too, "you have to decide what kind of Mom you want to be"

Al the Gal said...

I really love that Charlotte look. I was sure no one else would. You really think the Carrie ones are random? Considering all the heinous things she's worn, I thought I picked mostly cute things. I guess I tend to go more for the ballerina, poofy shirt look than the slinky look though.

Already have a top 10 worst list done to be published later in the month. Just kept it to 10 overall though cause doing the photoshop for each of the girls photos individually for this one was a bitch. I know that Miranda one you're talking about, it was bad, but not bad enough for my list. I tried to include the awesomely bad and not just the prosaicly bad! I guess that would could count though. :)

Heather said...

OMG! I can't believe that one didn't make worst! It was so horrendous!

Yeah, the Carrie ones I thought were random, but I'm having a hard time thinking of ones that I would have chosen...

I'll have to get back to you!