Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Week in Chuck


Winner #1: Still in the midst of a suicidal breakdown, Chuck wasn't looking too hot this episode. There was still the untidy hair (and I was getting a huge Joker-vibe from his unsteady prancing on the ledge) but no outfit really screamed "I'm Chuck Bass." So we're going with this rather modest suit because I love the red socks.




Winner #2:
The British Flag cuff links Chuck sported last night. Another perfectly chosen detail, it's also a nice inside joke as actor Ed Westwick is actually a Brit. And I can't fail to mention the best line of dialogue from last night: mimicking his father's disappointment in him, Chuck spouts of list of choice complaints ending with, "why do you wear so much purple?" Love it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Honestly I'm starting to get fed up with the Chuck/Blair tug of war. Overkill?

Al the Gal said...

I agree that the emphasis on Chuck and Blair with no real payoff is getting a little old. However, I don't think they're ready for each other yet, so I hope the show gets them on their own, interacting with other characters (they are both really fantastic in scenes with Dan or Serena, and I'd love to see Nate more incorporated with his old gang - N/S/B/C all together rock!) and getting them back to the strong scheming characters they really are. THEN get them together.

Damon said...

who cares about Chuck when Battlestar Galactica and Lost are on

Al the Gal said...

Well, actually I do! Suck it! But I will be posting about BSG and Lost soon, so no fear, there will be non-Gossip Girl things for you to comment on, if you want. As soon as I get my lazy ass on it!

The BSG premiere was great! WTF Dualla?!?!?!