Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Movie Production Logos


In yet another revelation about my bizarre movie fetishes, I must admit I am in love with production logos. You know, those little visual cues right before the movie starts? They tell you whether the movie was produced by Paramount, or MGM, or 20th Century Fox? Well, they're there. I love it when the movie soundtrack doesn't play over them, because each one has it's own little score and that little score totally gets me in the mood for a movie. In those ten seconds, when you know the movie is about to start, and it could be anything, and in that moment, I am so excited, and feel so lucky to be exactly where I am - watching a movie in a theater. I feel it every time I see one of those production tags, and because I notice them, I actually have favorites. So here they are, my Top 5 Logos - mainly for the scores.


  • 5 - Dreamworks: This is Steven Spielberg's production company.


  • 4 - Focus Features: This one has a River Road logo after it, but it was the only video of Focus I could find. They go really well together though.


  • 3 - Disney: Yeah, this one is obvious. But after all the movies I saw and loved growing up, I can't hear this music or see that castle without feeling psyched and like I'm a kid again!


  • 2 - Universal: This is actually an older Universal logo, probably the one from the '80's when I was growing up. There's a newer one that's very good, but this one just feels more classic.


  • 1 - New Line: I love, love, love this one. I have been known to play it on a loop on my DVD. It just says "The magic of movies" for me.

3 comments:

Damon said...

I think the music has more to do with it than that actual vidoe

Al the Gal said...

Oh, absolutely, although I do like the visuals for Disney and Focus a lot.

Anonymous said...

They all give you goose bumps when you listen them.