Friday, February 1, 2008

Welcome to Oscar Month!


To satisfy the slut in me who adores lavishing awards on films, and insists on ranking them, their performances, their technical merits and their artistry, and then further desires to rank all the stars on their red-carpet appearances, I am officially celebrating Oscar month, beginning today! I know, February is supposed to be Black History Month, but really, I don't think the Academy Awards gets enough recognition. (Please note sarcasm.) The month preceding the Oscars is one fantastic build-up of joyous anticipation, second only to my feelings about Christmas, involving obsessive visits to the theater, inhaling to the point of indigestion every word written about the nominees and their chances of winning, a thorough scouring of the internet for critical consensus, and culminating in a day-long orgy of rigorous debate, scowls of disapproval, self-congratulation and not a few instances of hiding my face in a pillow. Reader, please beware, that while this blog will still keep you abreast of up-to-date reviews and other such important entertainment information, for the next 25 days most of my posts will be tinged with the gluttony of Oscar reverence and adulation. That said, feel free to move on to something less terrifying...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay! I can't wait!!