Sunday, February 24, 2008

HAPPY OSCAR DAY!!!


Welcome to my second-favorite day of the year! So, come this afternoon I will be planted in front of the television, and though it's popular among other bloggers, I'm not going to do a live blog-cast of all my reactions throughout the broadcast. I have to focus, people! And I usually spend the commercials looking up trivia in my book and refilling my soda anyway. I just don't have time for you.

I was originally going to post my Oscar predictions, and that might have been enlightening for those of you out there who haven't already read 30,ooo of the same predictions (like I have), and are therefore not wary of treading boring and familiar ground (like I am). Basically, I think the Coen brothers should pull it out, though I'm not counting out Michael Clayton or There Will Be Blood to upset. Also, DD-Lewis and Javier Bardem should have it locked up, I'm hoping for Ellen Page to upset in Best Actress, and I want Tilda Swinton or Amy Ryan in Supporting Actress. I want Atonement to win at least one (costume design or score, please) but not counting on it, and I want "Falling Slowly" from Once to take Best Song. Other than that, I'll just be enjoying the show. I'll post my reactions and fave dresses tomorrow.

Also, in all my Oscar searching, I found a great list of the 100 Worst Oscar Snubs over at EW.com. They're all performances, but it's a pretty good list and contains shout-outs to a lot of great movies. Check it out here.

Sorry for my long absence (well, sorry Heather, the only person who actually cares and was probably having too crazy a week at her new job to really notice, anyways), but I was rather apathetic this week. Not feeling the motivation. Hopefully it will be regained in the impending Oscar-high!

No comments: