Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger

I'm sure most of you have heard this by now, but Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment this afternoon. Police are not sure of the exact cause of death, though most evidence points to a sleeping-pill related overdose, but whether it was accidental or intentional is not clear. I am really saddened by this development. Heath Ledger has been one of my favorite actors for a while now, especially after his awesome performance in Brokeback Mountain, and I was really looking forward to seeing him in the upcoming Batman-sequel, The Dark Knight. It's just so unfortunate; he was really talented and seemed like a decent human being as well. All my love and sympathy to his family and friends.

4 comments:

Heather said...

R.I.P.

Um..how about a Health Ledger picture post in rememberance?

Damon said...

http://www.dogmaticblog.com/images/movies/batman_01.jpg

Linds said...

rest in peace, heath. this made me really sad.

Al the Gal said...

I thought about that, but it seemed tacky at the time. The media are all over this thing, and rightly so, but it seemed somewhat degrading to his memory for me to jump on the bandwagon on my stupid blog. I don't know. I felt like I would be milking it or something and it's really just too sad for that. I just wanted to post about it so that we would have somewhere to discuss it if we wanted, and also so that people who hadn't talked to me yet wouldn't need to post "letting you know" comments and what not. Maybe I'll do a memorial about it in a week or two, when it doesn't feel like taking advantage of the situation.

That's an interesting article, Damon. It's really sad that watching the movie is gonna be such a morose event now, especially since it looks like Ledger was amazing in it.