Friday, November 15, 2013

Movie Posters

I obviously love them ----------------------->

But I can't really enjoy the poster if I don't love the movie as well. Or at least respect it. So it really bugs the shit out of me when I LOVE a poster and hate the movie, because I will never be able to enjoy that poster as art on my wall or decoration on my blog. It would be a lie. Like this one for A Good Woman. I have loved it for so long. Great, great poster. Crap, crap movie.



It is equally frustrating to love the movie and hate the poster. Or at least find the poster completely prosaic. And dull. And uninspired. Like this one:




By the by, this is a fantastic movie and all of us who ever said that Bradley Cooper couldn't act could not have been more wrong. Love Jennifer Lawrence as I do, in all truth, he blows her out of the water. Best performance in a movie also starring Robert DeNiro.

And I can't use this poster cause it's just so damn bland!

No comments: