Saturday, May 9, 2009

This Week in Chuck...


Damn, that was a good episode! Possibly one of
the best ever, but certainly one of the best of the season. I've had a hot and cold relationship with Michelle Tractenburg's Georgina Sparks in the past but have really enjoyed her as a wide-eyed religious convert. If course, she's even better when she's bad and her "Tell Jesus the bitch is back" sent chills down everyone's spines. It's just so nice to be able to root for bad Georgina since she's not after our gang this time. Go get Poppy!


I also love episodes that manage to incorporate all the characters in the main plot, especially when they're doing a sting operation. Honestly just get the Non-Judging Breakfast Club (that's Nate, Chuck, Serena and Blair) in a room together and I'm happy. Although it was a bonus to have Dan there as well when Georgina made her scary and hilarious debut to shouts of "Crazy Lady!," "Bass, are you trying to kill me!", "Everyone calm down!" and "What the hell is she doing here, Chuck?" I had a long, hard laugh over that scene. And kudos to one of the better episode endings since "All About My Brother." Serena getting her mug shot taken while Chuck attempts to find dirt on the police, Nate begs his grandfather for help, and Blair pleads Serena's innocence to anyone within earshot; I love it when these 4 act like the lifetime friends they actually are.

This episode also brought us the best Blair and Chuck shipper moment we've had in ages. Obviously their romance wasn't over, and the tension in the triangle with N
ate has been handled fairly well thus far, but I wasn't expecting a big, emotional scene from them before the finale. As much as the writers have had them up and down throughout the season, constantly on the Blair and Chuck roller coaster, the actors still deliver the goods in scenes together. Great faces from both and their best scene since the funeral episode. (Also, kudos to Chace Crawford for the "Make up your mind, Chuck, because I want her!" moment. I kind of wanted Nate to win there for a minute.)



Winner: Just another well-tailored suit. But hey, I found a pretty great picture of him in it; you can see the shoes and everything.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

This was a great episode! I really liked it!