Thursday, May 7, 2009

My New Cinematic Crush

So lately I've just been finding myself inexplicably drawn to the lovely Rosemarie DeWitt. Apparently I was exposed to her on "Mad Men" as Draper's Season 1 mistress, Midge, but I didn't recognize her. Then I saw Rachel Getting Married where she plays the Rachel of the title, the responsible, burdened sister of Anne Hathaway's narcissistic former druggie, Kym. Now Anne Hathaway got most of the praise for this flick (and all of it was well deserved) but for me the movie just wouldn't work without the performance of Rosemarie DeWitt. Although the film is mainly about Kym and a family trying to move past grief and into forgiveness, the film's primary relationship is between Rachel and Kym. When I'm watching this movie (one of my favorite from the past year) I'm rooting for Kym. But Rachel is the character I'm most intrigued by; there are countless stories in her eyes and expressions.

It's not even that I'm crushing on DeWitt's character (which she plays so beautifully), but I really like watching her as an actress. Part of me really wants her character's wedding, part of me covets her hair, and part of me is bizarrely attracted to her eyes and smile. I finish the film every time and just want to keep following Rosemarie DeWitt. Stay with her! I find her an absolutely stunning actress; every moment with her feels real and interesting. Don't know how better to describe it; it's not a romantic crush at all, but I feel absolutely enchanted by her. Hope to see a lot more in the future.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sad! I still havent seen this! Now that its made it on to your blog, though, I will have to ;)