Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tagged: Alphabet Meme


I got tagged over at the Random Ramblings Blog to list a favorite movie for each letter of the alphabet. For those of you who were reading my blog earlier this year when I did my Favorite 100 Movies, many of these selections will be familiar, but there were a few letters for which I had to do some digging. Rules are below, hope you enjoy! (And this game originated at the Blog Cabins blog!)

The Rules


1. Pick one film (your favorite film) to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.



Here are mine:


Almost Famous

Before Sunrise

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Dazed and Confused

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Fish Called Wanda, A (almost was The 40-Year Old Virgin, but I felt like tooting Wanda's horn)

Gosford Park

High Fidelity

It's a Wonderful Life

J
unebug

K
ill Bill (if I had to choose, Vol. 2)

L
.A. Confidential

M
oulin Rouge

N
ewsies

O
nce

P
rincess Bride, The

Q
ueen, The

R
oyal Tenenbaums, The

S
ideways

T
itanic

U
pside of Anger, The

V
irgin Suicides, The

W
hat's Eating Gilbert Grape?

X
-Files: Fight the Future (it was either this or copy X2: X-Men United)

Y
entl (yes, it's Barbra Streisand and I love it!)

Z
odiac


This post brought to you by the letters J, N, Q, U and X, all of which kicked my ass! (And unsurprisingly, I had way too many options for the letters M, B, L, S, T and W - duh squared!)

I'm supposed to tag 5 other people to do this, but I only have about 3-4 real friends who consistently read my blog and only 1-2 have a blog of their own, and I know you guys aren't crazy movie bloggers. So if you feel so inclined, Heather and Damon, feel free to participate and list your fav's alphabetically - but no pressure!

Heather at Married to the Game
Damon at Hart Burned

5 comments:

Heather said...

So fun! I'm going to give it an attempt!

P.S. watched gossip girl again last night?!?!?!?!

Al the Gal said...

Yay! Wasn't sure if you'd want to participate, but looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

And??? Did you love it??? I gotta say, the last two eps (the ones you have watched) have been the best of the season for me! Can't wait to get to talk to you about them!

Heather said...

Yeah, I've been liking them, I'm pretty much hooked, or I can at least commit to making it part of my weekly DVR schedule.

Anonymous said...

so! do you have to have a blog to participate?!

Al the Gal said...

The game originated on blogs, but if you wanna, you can go ahead and post yours here in the comments of mine! I'd love to see to what you have! :)