Saturday, October 25, 2008

This Week in Chuck...


Because I missed last week's entry, there are two winning outfits for the infamous Chuck Bass this week.

Winner #1: While touring Yale and hoping to seek acce
ptance into the Skull and Bones secret society, Mr. Bass found himself in a typically ridiculous color palette. The chocolate fedora is actually the least strange piece of the ensemble because I don't know what he was thinking pairing that pukey brown blazer with a pink shirt and rust trousers. (And I know you can't tell, but he's also wearing another purple ascot and green socks. Yikes!)


Winner #2: This week Chuck sported a truly fabulous maroon velour jacket, complete with another ascot, but I really thought I should take a moment to commemorate his casualwear; you hear enough about the suits and bowties and ascots. In highlighting his equally amazing prepster wardrobe, rake your eyes over these plaid pants and striped sweater. I know it's not as flashy as his suits (and in no way compares to awesomeness of the bass sweater he sported last season) but it takes a fairly secure man to strut around in plaid pants without a hint embarrassment.



Bonus: I know this feature is all about the wardrobe of Chuck Bass, but the girls of "Gossip Girl" are seriously deluded in their fashion pursuits as well, if perhaps a little less blantantly ostentatious than Mr. Bass. Plus, I figured I owed you something a little more after being so a
bsent lately. So I bring your attention to this concoction Blair Waldorf wore around the Yale campus last week. Yes, she is the ultimate control freak prep, and many of her fashion statements do harken to an older time, but this mish-mash of patterns and fabrics is pretty freaking awesome, even for her! She looks like a deranged flapper!


And, what the hell, here's the velour jacket too! Bonus!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Watched the whole episode this week!

Yay me. I'm hooked. Going to DVR from now on.

Al the Gal said...

YES!!!!!