Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Andrea's Coming Home Today!!!

For the most part, I have limited this blog to discussion of movie and TV, with the occasional music reference thrown in. But I thought I'd let everyone know that my little sister Andrea is finally coming back from Africa tonight!!!! I'm extremely excited to have her around again for a lot of reasons (it's been about a year which is a long-ass time and she's been exposed to frequent malaria - yikes!), not the least of which is my desire to expose her to all the great movies she missed this year. (I'm like a dog - one track mind: "Movies, movies, movies." It's pretty sad.)

Much of my recent laziness in attending to my blog can be attributed to prepping things around the house for her arrival; the rest of the laziness I blame on an inability to make myself write and also to having a particularly nasty kink in my back that won't pop and won't let me sit upright for long periods of time. But I promise to get my ass in gear and write, although the next few weeks will probably be sparsely blogged as I'm getting all the Andrea-time in I can before she has to go back to San Francisco next month. I have a link to her blog posted and if anyone wants to read about her various Ghana adventures, please check it out. She is a great storyteller and has a much better voice as a writer than I ever will. Reading her stuff is like listening to her talk - and she's a clever girl! She also has more unbelievable and horrible things happen to her than anyone I've ever met: she's like the Bermuda Triangle and Murphy's Law combined!

Here are a few things to look forward to in the coming weeks:

  • Sex and the City movie review
  • Check This Out: Better Off Dead and Frailty
  • My Perfect Day of Movie Scenes
  • An Analysis of Across the Universe
  • "Battlestar Galactica" Midseason Finale Madness!!!
  • Essay: Use of Music in the Films of Sofia Coppola, Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorcese
  • Update on the Quantum Hotness Principle
  • My Favorite Moments in M. Night Shyamalan films
  • Foray in Classic Musicals: Oklahoma and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
I reserve the right to not blog about these topics if I change my mind or am struck with writers block. However, I will try my best to get these out over the next month, or at least eventually.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Say Hi and welcome home to her for me!! :)

Heather said...

Have fun! Hope you can keep up your blogging though! ;)

Al the Gal said...

Thanks girls! She got in safely (after a 3-hour delay that led to us getting home about 3:45am) and is currently in the middle of the sleeping marathon necessary after two days of flying. Yay!

Promise to post something tomorrow! :)

PS: I owe you an email, Sarah. Will get that done tonight. Love you!

Heather said...

Gal, I miss you over at my blog.....I've blogged twice this week & Zeb even blogged once. Groundbreaking.

Andrea said...

Awww! I am currently the only one awake and wondering how debilitating this jet-lag will be, and thought I would check out your latest stuff. Thanks for the blog shout-out!

I would be offended about the murphy's law-bermuda triangle thing if it wasn't completely true.

love you!