Monday, March 3, 2008

Have You Seen This?!?!?!?

Please watch and discuss.



Okay, first off, it does look as of all four men from the finale will be back. Mr. Big, Steve, Harry and Smith, plus Stanford and Anthony. YAY!!! That is a big relief!

However, WHAT THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING TO STEVE AND MIRANDA??? Charlotte gets to finally get pregnant, but Steve cheats on Miranda???? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I understand that the movie is all about discrediting the myth that life is "Happily Ever After" once you fall in love and get married. I'm all right with that. However, I think Carrie and Big and Miranda and Steve already went through a lot of major ups and downs on the show, and I don't wanna see their relationships destroyed now!!! But, the movie was written by Michael Patrick King, the executive producer of the show and in charge of writing a lot of the great episodes, so I'm just gonna have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

But if he doesn't, he'd better watch out for the mob of angry "Sex and the City" fans coming after him with meat cleavers.....

5 comments:

Heather said...

I refuse to watch that clip, and I respectfully request that you refrain from spoiling the movie on your blog.

FYI - I've read that they have been filming scenes that may be somehow misleading to people trying to figure out what happens in the movie...one for example is a scene with Carrie in a wedding dress that turns out to be part of a dream sequence in the movie...not an actual wedding. Somehow I want to say that the Charlotte being pregnant one might also be a dream sequence. Not sure. But I don't want to hear any more about this, because, however many years since my last new Sex & The City fix...I don't want anything ruined.

P.S. how good of news is it that Smith is in the movie!?! Amen!

Al the Gal said...

It's not a clip - it's the official 2 and a half minute trailer!!! It's no more spoiling than the trailer for Stop-Loss is spoilers!

I respect if you don't wanna watch it, but I didn't tag what I said as spoilers because it was the preview, not a boot-leg clip or anything.

Heather said...

Okay, then I'll watch it. I just didn't want to take any chances.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, that horrifies me....

So really, if the whole plot of the movie is going to be all the girls getting their lives turned upside down again just to have the whole "the only thing you can really count on is your friends" realization again (it was good in the series, but again?) I don't know if I can handle that.

What does this come out?

Al the Gal said...

Yeah, agreed. The lesson, it has been learned. And I'm all right with them exploring life after "happily ever after" but ultimately, I don't want those relationships destroyed!

I think it comes out May 30th, or thereabouts. Definitely end of May.