Thursday, March 19, 2009

This Week in Chuck...

"The Age of Dissonance" wasn't quite up to 1st season expectations (Chuck still being involved in the stupid Eyes Wide Shut storyline ruined all chances of that), but this was a vast improvement. I'm still frustrated that the "Minions" (Penelope, Hazel, Nelly Yuki) can't seem to decide if they hate Blair or want to follow her (the writers change their motivations way too often), but I do like where the episode brought Blair. Looking forward to her shame spiral.


Really liked Dan Humphrey for about the 3rd time in history, just for telling off Rachel Carr and giving Blair the ammunition in such an offhand, "Oh yeah, we had sex in costume closet," way. Still adoring Nate, Vanessa is finally likable! (I love her being friends with Serena), and happy for the reappearance of Carter Baizen (love continuity!). However, the real showstopper (and reason this episode eventually rocked) was the play! Blair and Dan having a full argument in the middle of a fabulous set, while performing the play's most intimate scene was stupendous (especially the moment Blair threw him down in what looked like a passionate embrace). And the moment everyone broke character and shouted their complaints was so wonderful, especially with Nate leading the charge in Chace Crawford's most charming, loose and teenage performance. Loved it!

Winner: Chuck's still dressing like Chuck, but as I've ment
ioned before, I miss the really crazy outfits. So the winner is this kinda weird plaid coat, lavender shirt and purple tie. Fruitier than your average businessman, but no where near the outrageous ridiculousness he's capable of. Less of this:


I want more of this:


4 comments:

Heather said...

Bad news. I've fallen off the Gossip Girl wagon. What with all that travel and now the WBC (world baseball classic) I have significantly less TV hourage to spread throughout my week. I've also fallen off the 90210 wagon.

This is probably mostly due to the fact that I think Zeb keeps undoing my series DVR settings. jerk.

Al the Gal said...

No worries. If there was ever a time to abandon "Gossip Girl", now would be the most justified. I'm still gonna make you watch Season 1 sometime!

Sneaky bastard!:)

Heather said...

I have no objections. Actually looking forward to it!

Al the Gal said...

Goody! I love myself a good marathon!