Saturday, June 13, 2009

While on Vacation...


I found some art I absolutely fell in love with. ("With which I a
bsolutely fell in love"? Why do so many sentences naturally end in a preposition?) When we were down in San Francisco for Andrea's graduation we skipped over to Sausalito (which is like a fab combination of Ashland and Newport) for a day and I popped into this art gallery (The Fingerhut) which was showing a Dr. Seuss collection (pretty fun stuff - I always wanted a poster size print of the Friendly Lorax). But I stumbled across this other artist, Victoria Montesinos, and I want to make out with her work. That hasn't happened in forever. If I had had $2,000, I would have plunked it down then and there. Her pieces are mostly just big florals, but the colors are amazing in person. And she does this airbrush lace detail that is totally lost in thumbnail form. Here's a sneak peak:


I don't want to post all the pieces I like cause I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted, but here's the link to her work at the gallery. My favorites are "Lillies Become a Dream" (which is beyond beautiful in person, I stared at it for at least 10 minutes) and "Let's Dance." For some reason my favorites were the yellow and blue ones, despite the red/orange/hot pink family being more my style.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I love the one on the left.

Sarah said...

Those are great, Al! I can see why you liked them so much!

Al the Gal said...

Thanks girls. Heather, the one on the left is *really* similar to the one I loved in person at the gallery.